Sunday 23 June 2013

On Future Project Plans....

Taking some time away from lying down in bed, resting up my aching back ready for an incredibly busy week, to get some writing in so I don’t feel totally useless and I saw a really neat Dad and Son Thunderbirds costume picture from the recent Supanova in Sydney (It’ll be wrapping up as I type this). The costume reminded me of my Science Fiction themed costume party for my 30th birthday, where my Dad dressed up as Steve Zodiac from Fireball XL-5. My Dad grew up on Gerry Anderson’s various production and as my brother and I were growing up some of them were being repeated on TV as well (I still love Captain Scarlet to this day), so I knew he’d get a kick out of the picture.

Anyway this lead to me to think about my Birthday next year when I’m turning 35. I just posted on Faceblarg about the idea of doing Rule 35 (as I missed doing Rule 34 this year), but I’m actually thinking of doing a Rule 63 instead as I think it would be interesting. I'm still thinking about it (obviously) but I'd better decide soon, I don't like giving people too little notice for costume parties.

Either way I’d thought I’d update THE LIST!!! Note – I’ve added more SECRET PROJECT costumes as there are a few I just don’t want to spoil just yet, but I’ve had to postpone others as well. I should still be on my target for 12 costumes for the year, especially as different events keep popping up for PAC which might give me a chance to make something else if another costume falls through.

2013
  • Big Macintosh – Completed!
    • Notes = Needs a better shirt, better pants, otherwise pretty neat.
  • Real Ghostbusters – Completed!
    • Notes = Need to finish missing parts on the thrower, create a proper hooking system for pack. {2013-04-23} completed Mk I Gun Hook, partial success, needs improvement but also need a sturdier thrower.
  • Eureka Sheriff – Completed!
    • Notes = Gun Belt never arrived and thus didn’t purchase holsters. Pants didn’t fit exactly well, will need new pair if done again.
  • Forbush Man – Completed!
    • Notes = Formerly [SECRET PROJECT ALPHA], need to recondition the helmet and it’s starting to get some dings and is flaking paint.
      • Helmet has been reconditioned and looking a lot better for it!
  • Wreck It Ralph – Due Supanova Perth 2013
    • Notes = Nearly Completed!
  • [SECRET PROJECT BETA] – Due Supanova Perth 2013
    • Notes = Brought ahead in time as a secondary costume but has proven to be an easier build to work on by myself than Goliath (which I needed help to make the muscle suit but scheduling hasn’t been great in that regard).
  • [SECRET PROJECT GAMMA] – Due July
    • Notes = Working on a costume for Star Wars Life Day... in July.
  • [SECRET PROJECT OMEGA] – Due October
    • Notes = Halloween costume that I don’t want to spoil JUST yet.
  • Volstagg – Due November
    • Notes = I won’t be starting this for another couple of months.
  • Hobbit – Due December 
    • Notes = Still no clue which character I’ll do at this stage so progress won’t happen until I am.
  • Doctor Octopus – Due December
    • Notes = Should have this build ready for the Telethon Christmas Pageant, if not it’ll be at Oz Comic-Con Perth 2014
2014 Potentials

I keep coming up with more and more ideas that I’ve so far haven’t wrote down, but these are pretty much in flux until such time when I’m actually making them.

  • Arrested Development Series 4 Fantastic Four skit
    • Notes = I've wanted to make either a Rock Monster or Human Flamer costume since I saw this!
  • Galaxy Quest – Due Supanova Perth 2014
    • Notes = Got the prop kit online, need to construct
  • Baseketball
    • Notes = Just talked myself into doing this but no real goal in mind except that I want a 'Beers' outfit and make a Baseketball at some point (maybe with the Laz-E-Boy printed on it).
  • Kung Pow – Enter The Fist
    • Notes = Maybe Supanova 2014, don't know the character yet but might be Wimp-Lo at this stage.
Cancelled/On-Hold

  • Eddie (Rocky Horror) – TBA
    • Notes = No idea if/when this project will come about, but possibly if there is a Rocky Horror Screening in the near future.
  • Goliath (Borderlands 2) – Postponed due to financial/health/time issues.
    • Notes = On-hold, maybe in the future.
  • Ghost Smashers – TBA
    • Notes = On-hold for now, maybe 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment