Monday 19 August 2013

Get Over It!

Some people might disagree with me when I say that telling someone to “get over it!” is without a shadow of a doubt one of the most stupid pieces of advice to give to someone, or at least in most cases it seems to be. Trying to get over a problem or an emotion that is hurting you is not an easy thing to accomplish on a whim, and sometimes no matter how many positive, life affirming thoughts you try to conjure up it sometimes just doesn’t work. The bluntness of that statement is sometimes like trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole.

I’ve been trying to do such things to myself lately, so no one has said this thing to me, but I keep trying to tell myself it and for the most part I go through my day without thinking about what has been troubling me lately... and then when I go to rest my head and try to get some semblance of sleep, the bad thoughts come back to me like a possession once I’ve let my guard down for a second. For a while I’ve not been able to sleep without playing a DVD in the background (and particular ones at that), but even that’s not been working lately and sleep has been getting pretty hard sometimes that I’m pushed to the point of sheer exhaustion some days; especially coupled with the fatigue I’ve had fending off the cold/flu/whatever they call it now. I’ve reached a point in my life where I have so many creative options laid out in front of me (all non-paying naturally) but I don’t seem to have the energy to pursue anyone of them, or at least don’t feel up to working on them, and some of the recent blows haven’t helped.

I’m trying my best to try and remain positive (especially as a natural cynic) but sometimes it’s a struggle in a never-ending sea of debts, obligations, personal crises, and all the other bullshit that seems to flood into my life on an almost regular basis, which also bogs me down mentally especially when I’m trying to work on things that I hope will benefit a lot of people. Doesn’t help that this time of the year I still getting terribly lonely and reflect upon how absolutely pathetic my love life has been since the dawn of time itself. And whilst I’m whinging, I’ve got this pain in my shoulders which is also giving me the shits and restricting my arm movement *le sigh*.

That being all said and done tomorrow I’m finally moving full steam ahead on a costume build for Saturday, especially as I’ve finally managed to find the right paint for the job (and could afford it) so it’ll be a busy week for me as long as the weather doesn’t rape me in the ass in regards to drying times.

No comments:

Post a Comment