Friday 2 August 2013

Back in the Groove...

A short one because a) still feeling very under the weather and b) I wanna go play Minecraft and zone out for the rest of the night. Yeah I know, not been posting much because I've still been rather busy and I've also been feeling pretty ill, which has been a cramping my creativity and desire to write.

Yesterday I had less then no sleep whatsoever but I came up with a solution to a problem I was having with my Volstagg problem, it being the thin MDF I was needing for a bit was constantly breaking when I was trying to shape it. I know there are probably a few calling me an imbecile right now but I've learnt from my mistakes and I've got better tools then I did almost 14 months ago when I started trying to build it (yes it's been that long...). I replaced the annoying breaky stuff with FOAM, the stuff I've only recently been learning how to use. In fact I was thinking of rebuilding the entire thing out of foam mats but thought what's the point I almost have the axe head done anyway. I was going to leave it till the weekend and get over this flu some more, but the house had it's net and power shut off today for reasons... so this is what happened down the shed.


Once power was restored (which honestly didn't last long) I ended up using my bandsaw and belt sander to finish off all the other pieces and finally finished assembling the axe head!!! just need to glue down the rest of the foam, finish some sanding and then drill out the hole for the pole. Sadly the pole I bought I ended cutting it up for different things (including the handle on Forbush Man's helmet), so a new one is required in the near future but I'm happy with how this is turning out. It's gonna have a bit of heft to it and be top heavy, which I think is a good thing.

Hopefully within the next month or so I'll start working on the rest of Volstagg's costume, based on the first Thor movie as images of his new rendition are very few and the detail is lacking so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment