Saturday 6 July 2013

Post Supanova Costume Update

Well now that Supanova is over with I decided to quickly update the costume list!

2013
  • Big Macintosh – Completed!
    • Notes = Needs a better shirt, better pants, otherwise pretty neat.
  • Real Ghostbusters – Completed!
    • Notes = Need to finish missing parts on the thrower, create a proper hooking system for pack. {2013-04-23} completed Mk I Gun Hook, partial success, needs improvement but also need a sturdier thrower.
  • Eureka Sheriff – Completed!
    • Notes = Gun Belt never arrived and thus didn’t purchase holsters. Pants didn’t fit exactly well, will need new pair if done again.
  • Forbush Man – Completed!
    • Notes = Formerly [SECRET PROJECT ALPHA], need to recondition the helmet and it’s starting to get some dings and is flaking paint.
      • Helmet has been reconditioned and looking a lot better for it!
  • Wreck It Ralph – Completed!
    • Notes = Learnt a thing or two about sewing with this one, and for the most part I was happy about how it turned out. The only real disappoints for me was the fake collar just didn't really work and I couldn't make the fake feet work in time (although no body noticed I was wearing black boots). Successful trolling of most of the people I knew because they didn't know I was shaving for this and most of them have never seen me without facial hair.
  • Cybershade – Completed...ish!
    • Notes = Formerly [SECRET PROJECT BETA] and kept secret because I wanted to troll some of my Whovian friends. Brought ahead in time as a secondary costume but has proven to be an easier build to work on by myself than Goliath (which I needed help to make the muscle suit but scheduling hasn’t been great in that regard). {2013-07-05] This costume nearly broke me with the insane amount of sewing and cutting I had to do to make the gillie suit. I had been working on this and everything else for a month solic I still didn't finish the back of it in time for nova, and was even working on it until midday on Saturday just to make it presentable. Quite possibly one of my favourite costumes despite everything and I'm looking forward to wearing it again multiple times.
  • [SECRET PROJECT GAMMA] – Due July
    • Notes = Working on a costume for Star Wars Life Day... in July. Plans are a foot with this and should be ready in time for the big reveal.
  • [SECRET PROJECT OMEGA] – Due October
    • Notes = Halloween costume that I don’t want to spoil JUST yet... Especially as I'm not sure if I'll end up making it, depending on things.
  • Volstagg – Due November
    • Notes = I won’t be starting this for another couple of months.
  • Hobbit – Due December 
    • Notes = Still no clue which character I’ll do at this stage so progress won’t happen until I am.
  • Doctor Octopus – Due December
    • Notes = Should have this build ready for the Telethon Christmas Pageant, if not it’ll be at Oz Comic-Con Perth 2014
2014 Potentials

I keep coming up with more and more ideas that I’ve so far haven’t wrote down, but these are pretty much in flux until such time when I’m actually making them.

  • Arrested Development Series 4 Fantastic Four skit
    • Notes = I've wanted to make either a Rock Monster or Human Flamer costume since I saw this!
  • Galaxy Quest – Due Supanova Perth 2014
    • Notes = Got the prop kit online, need to construct it. Possible will have to make this costume from scratch as no one seems to be making this yet.
  • Baseketball
    • Notes = Just talked myself into doing this but no real goal in mind except that I want a 'Beers' outfit and make a Baseketball at some point (maybe with the Laz-E-Boy printed on it).
  • Kung Pow – Enter The Fist
    • Notes = Maybe Supanova 2014, don't know the character yet but might be Wimp-Lo at this stage.
Cancelled/On-Hold

  • Eddie (Rocky Horror) – TBA
    • Notes = No idea if/when this project will come about, but possibly if there is a Rocky Horror Screening in the near future.
  • Goliath (Borderlands 2) – Postponed due to financial/health/time issues.
    • Notes = On-hold, maybe in the future.
  • Ghost Smashers – TBA
    • Notes = On-hold for now, maybe 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment