Thursday 14 February 2013

On Valentine’s Day...

Whilst I’m not about to chalk this one up to be a ‘good’ Valentine’s Day, things went smooth enough with the Drama! of my life that I’m willing to call it a draw. I got a few things done that needed doing, some things went well whilst others are to be determined, but hopefully everything will go smoothly for tomorrow’s Ghostbusters screening, our first WAGB event of the year!

Let’s just say me and the Dreaded V-Day hasn’t been on the best of terms since... err, well my entire life. That is to say that I’ve never had an opportunity to celebrate the day, as I’ve been single for a long long time. That isn’t to say I haven’t wanted to celebrate it with someone, more that I’ve never been able to. I’d like to think I’m good at a few things in my life, asking a girl out isn’t one of them; in fact I’d probably say it’s the worst thing for me to try and do (after Sports, Gardening, and Brain Surgery... don’t ask). Doesn’t help that I have this uncanny ability to be attracted to women who clearly have no interest beyond being a friend, or many numerous, heartbreaking reasons I don’t wish to go into right now. Let’s just say I don’t particularly like the day because it does remind me that I’m alone and pathetic on a day when everyone is supposed to have someone. I even had a whole big rant thing typed up about how things leading up to VD have been pissing me off, and yet today hasn’t been so bad... considering how fucked up things got last night and I was tired and cranky and feeling very lonely. That’s probably about all I’m going to say on the subject, for fear of turning in a sobbing ball of loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment